~~~~~

~~~~~
Powered by Blogger.

Christmas Craftiness


posted by Unknown

No comments

 CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST HERE
Time for some crafts!

We all wear many hats and this is the place where I like to hang those hats. Since Christmas is right around the corner I decided to once again pick up a hobby of mine. (I have a lot more time to now that I am staying at home.) I love to make wreathes! I love to buy wreaths! Thanks to Pinterest I have started making more than I buy! I was at good ol Target the other day and I saw this wreath for sale. I thought it was super cute. It's $20.00 which isn't horrible but when you look at it's just a bunch of yarn wrapped around a wreath form. I thought to myself

 "self-you have all of these materials at home. Go make it girl!"
 
And that's exactly what I did. Wanna know how...so you can make this cute wreath too? It doesn't take long at all and is great to sit in front of the TV and watch your favorite show while doing it. (I happened to be watching "Bill and Gulianna" on the Style Network. It was the episode where their son is born. Cry fest!!!! I set in tears as I made my wreath. Good tears though. Birth is such a beautiful thing. Anyway....on to  super easy cute crafting!






Supplies:

1 foam wreath form
Scissors
Yarn (about 4-5 colors)
Hot Glue Gun
1 Piece of Felt

I got my wreath form from the dollar bin at Target 1/2 off for a grand total of....

50 CENTS!-Gotta love that

Normally when I am making a light weight wreath that uses a foam form I just go to Home Depot and pick up some plumbing foam insulation things. (I don't know the technical term) They are just long pieces of foam to go around pipes and I cut the length I want and duck tape it together to make a circle. So much cheaper!!!

First you need to decide what colors you want to stand out the most. I used 5 Colors but you could really use as little or as much as you want. The colors you want to be the most vibrant will be applied last. I wanted the green and red to stand out because it is a Christmas wreath.

I wrapped the white first then pink, blue, green, and finally red.
Once you are finished if you feel like you need a little boost of one of the first colors you can always cut a good size piece of yarn and wrap it around but make sure its spaced apart. I would hold the wreath far back from me to see where the balance of colors was needed.

 


 



 



 



How easy is that!!!!
Think of all of possibilities and all the different colors you could use!

The Bow:

I made my bow out of felt. I wanted to keep with the yarn feel and I didn't feel like a velvet bow or store bought Christmas bow would look as "crafty". Feel free to use whatever bow you would like! This bow is sooooo simple to make!

I cut the felt into 5 strips. 4 of them are the same width and you can make the 5th one slightly skinner if you want. 

 
(You will need 5 strips even though I only took a picture of 4)

 
Take 2 of the strips and fold them in half to make the loops of the bow.
 I just stapled mine together

 
Take the thinner strip and wrap it around the two loops you made.



 
You can hot glue the felt together but for the sake of this tutorial and the fact that I was on my bed with my 5 year old watching Disney I didn't have my glue gun plugged in so I just pinned it which worked well too!

 
The other two stripes I pinned to the back and then I pinned it to my wreath! Super easy and fast!

 
You could make different sizes and different colors. It was really simple and easy to make and was a lot cheaper than the one at Target!
 
 
 
Well that's all for today! I hope you all like the "CRAFT" addition of the blog. If you all try this out let me know. I'd love to hear how it goes and see your wreaths!
 
Share the love with your crafty friends and pin this to Pinterest! You can also check out my other sites!
 
 
&
 
 
 
Thanks and have a Beautiful Day!
-A

Leave a Reply