~~~~~

~~~~~
Powered by Blogger.

The Oil Cleansing Method


posted by Unknown

No comments

I know it seems funny to think about washing your face with oil but it really does work. I have been using the Oil Cleansing Method for a while now and I am very happy with it (a method which I did not invent...I'll post the link to the person who did.)

I struggled with my skin. One moment it would look great, the next it would be as flaky as a Pillsbury biscuit, then all of a sudden a pimple would pop up. My skin could never make up its mind- oily, dry, acne prone, flaky. I had tried so many things and nothing worked. Then I stumbled across The Oil Cleansing Method and the light bulb went off. Oil and water don't mix but oil and oil do. Why not use good oil (like olive oil) to grab the bad oil out of the depths of your pores then wipe it goodbye with a hot wash cloth. It works.

Here are the ingredients you'll need:

Castor Oil- You will use this in small quantities but a little goes a long way. This oil packs a powerful punch for dirt and bad oil. Its also an anti-inflammatory so that's a benefit, as well. WARNING- Don't use too much of this great oil, too much can be a bad thing and dry out your skin...odd right, it's an oil but like anything in life too much of a good thing, can be a bad thing.

Olive Oil- You will mix more quantities of Extra Virgin Olive Oil then you will Castor Oil. The olive oil adds moisture to the skin and leaves it soft and smooth. It provides lots of goodness for your skin that lasts all day long! Make sure you get cold pressed extra virgin olive oil!

 I use 10% Castor Oil and 90% Olive Oil. This combo is working for me and the good thing is if your skin changes you can always adjust. I put it in a pretty little bottle and keep in on the shelf in the bathroom (I mean where else do you keep oil? Oh yeah, the kitchen!) If you're in doubt use less Castor oil. You can always add more at a later date.

So, the olive oil is an easy find. If you don't already have it in your kitchen to cook with then you need to. I use it not only to clean my face but I use it in my hair to soften it and I also use a little bit of olive oil in my bath water to soften my skin. Olive oil is so great in so many ways.



The Castor oil is going to be found in your local pharmaceutic section under the.....laxatives!!! When I went into the store to buy it for the first time I had to ask the pharmacist where it was and he gladly walked me over to the laxative section and said "I don't know what your using it for but it can always be found next to the laxatives" I quickly let him know I was using it on my face. I don't know if that was better or worse but at least it made me feel slightly less embarrassed.

Please read the entire website from the lady who knows all about it.

www.theoilcleansingmethod.com

Please note a few things:

1. She now uses Castor Oil and Sunflower Oil. She started this method with olive oil and switched to sunflower oil.  She says she likes the luxurious feel of the sunflower oil. I have been just as happy with olive oil and since I always have it at home I choose this as my method.

2. The first time I went to make my mix I was a little confused on how to come up with my perfect mixture. My cute little bottle (pictured above) is not marked with measurements anywhere on the bottle. I didn't even know how many ounces it held. So with the help of my brilliant boyfriend he decided to fill my cute little bottle with water and then pour the water into a measuring cup. This made it so much easier to get the perfect measurement of Castor oil and olive oil. I did NOT want to put too much Castor oil in it.


Directions:

1. Once you have your mixture apply at least a quarter size amount and massage all over face. No need to take any makeup off before. This will get it all off. The great thing is it wont burn your eyes and its really soft and gentle. I even go over my lips with it.

2. Keep massaging. just give your face a mini massage for as long as you can. I know sometimes I am in a rush but other times I just sit on the side of the tub and massage away. It gets the blood in your face circulating which is always a good thing. I pay extra attention to my flaky zones which are my chin and between my brows.

3. Use a hot washcloth and lay it over your face. Just let the steam work into those pores as the good oil is pulling out the bad oil. Heat opens the pores up and allows the oil to easily be released. Let it sit there till the cloth is cool and then GENTLY wipe away the dirt and oil. Don't scrub. As much as I wanted to the first time I refrained and I am glad I did. The oil will do all the work and took away my stubborn flakes WAY better than the Oil of Olay electronic scrubby brush thinga-ma-do would.

4. Repeat step 2 a few times. I do repeat 2 or 3 times. The website suggests more but I don't always have enough time for that and it still works out just fine.

5. Once I'm done with that I rinse the washcloth with cold water. The cold water will close your clean pores. Just pat your skin with the cold wash cloth and your done.

So that's it. Now go grab some oil and wash your face! And please let me know what you think.


UPDATE 12-3-2012
Anyone that is trying the "Oil Cleansing Method" - It's been almost a month since I posted a blog about it. If youre noticing a change in your skin and youre not happy with it PLEASE stick with it....
A LOT of people (no matter what kind of skincare they are using) tend to have a little bit of a breakout when they are trying something new and it usually starts at around week 3 or 4. Dont give up. ...

This is your skin going through its normal process. Your skin has a monthly cycle and right now whats happening is the effect of you getting all that dirt and oil out that has been buried in your pores. Even though it can be frusterating its a GOOD sign. Just stick with it and once all that dirt and oil are out and the breakout stops (about a week or so) you will notice dramatically new skin that coincides with your new skin cycle) This little breakout WILL NOT happen every month because with continued use of this method you will not have buried dirt and oil. Please, if you are having this issue it ok. Give it a week. I promise. And in the mean time if you have any questions please let me know. This is a step outside the box for some people- washing their face with Olive Oil but the results will speak for themselves!


If you have any questions please feel free to ask below.

Thank you so much!

-A

Check me out on Facebook at:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amelia-Evans-Makeup-Artist/217603118271715?ref=hl

AND on Instagram at:

http://instagram.com/aevansmakeupartist/

Leave a Reply