~~~~~

~~~~~
Powered by Blogger.

In the beginning...I was scared


posted by Unknown

2 comments

Im sitting here wondering what I should type. It has been a while. I guess I'll jump right into it.
I quit my job working at a bank to pursue my dream. I want to have it all. I want the best of both worlds...don't we all? I hated getting up in the morning and not liking what I was getting up for. It was a real struggle for me. I was getting up every morning to work for some big corporate bank that didn't care about who I was or the talents I had and all just to get a paycheck to pay my bills. All the while I juggled being a mom. A single mom. So how does a single mom get to be a stay at home mom and be there for her little boy as he grows up but still pay the bills?

That is the question I was dealing with.

Now don't get me wrong, I didn't have a horrible job. I loved my clients. I LOVE helping people. But I looked at my desk and the millions of emails (what felt like millions) and thought "Is this where you thought your life was going to be? Is this where you want your life to be?" The answer was NO!
I was tired of juggling a lack of sick days when my little boy is sick. I didn't want to choose to go to work and not get in trouble over my little boy having a fever and runny nose.
So again, how does a single mom get to be a stay at home mom but still pay the bills?

AMELIA- WAKE UP!!! Use your God given talent. Do what you love to do!!!!

So I quit my job. Planned my finances to get me through till business picks up and I am now in the middle of launching my business. A.Evans Makeup Artist.
Its not as fancy as it sounds. Basically I am a freelance makeup artist. My marketing degree sure will come in handy now. Ill have to market myself to all those beautiful people who need their makeup done....Im their gal! And I can be your gal too :)

Here's the back story: When I was 18 I started working for Estee Lauder Cosmetics (here is an even older back story- I was putting on makeup WAY before I needed to be putting on makeup)
I worked there for a year and then got a job with MAC Cosmetics. My Dream come true! I worked there for years and then when I had my son I decided to do something a little different....blah blah blah.....fast forward a few years and I have been gone from MAC for quite some time but still every year I have women who call me and ask me to do their makeup. I have never advertised, didn't have cards (until now) no website, nothing. It was all by the word of mouth. And I thank those beautiful women everyday who trusted me enough to refer their friends to me to do their makeup on some of the biggest days of their lives. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

So here I am. Taking this on full time. I figure if I can stay as busy as I have been the last few years just by word mouth I can surely support myself and my son if I market the heck out of my business.

Im using this blog for more than just that. I am addicted to blogs, pinterest, instagram, youtube tutorials. All of it. I could spend hours looking at other peoples blogs, tips and tricks and talents. So maybe there is someone out there who will stumble across this and see it and like it. Maybe they will find it inspiring?

This blog will not only have information about me as a makeup artist but it will also showcase all of my hobbies. I hope you enjoy!

Thanks
-A

p.s.- I have never won a spelling bee and Im not an English teacher. I write as if I am having a conversation. Please excuse any slip ups and be nice...it happens to the best of us. (Yes I use spell check but hey, things happen :)-Thanks

2 comments

Leave a Reply