~~~~~

~~~~~
Powered by Blogger.

Tarte Smolder Eyes Set Review


posted by Unknown

No comments

Hello Y'all!

I am writing this from Alabama so my southern drawl is coming out! I am here celebrating Thanksgiving with my family! It's good to be home in the south!

I am also excited to share one of my latest purchases from Sephora!

It is the Tarte Smolder Eyes Set!

 
 
I have never purchased anything from Tarte and when I sampled them on my hand in the store I really liked them. They stayed really well. Tarte is made from natural ingredients.These particular pencils are made from Amazonian clay. That's not the selling feature for me but it may be for someone else who has certain sensitivities to things. Don't get me wrong I do think it's cool the clay came from the Amazon but I notice sometimes with makeup when its mineral or all natural you tend to lose pigment in the color but that is not the case with Tarte. I am impressed. I LOVE the colors in this set so I bought it and thought I would share it with you.
 


I have really been loving Kristen Stewart's shimmery smokey messy eye makeup lately and I thought these would be good to achieve that look. I was right!




 
 
They are really soft and go on smoothly. They set up in about 60 seconds and then they don't move. You're able to work with the product for the first 60 seconds and move it around depending on how you want to use it. This is great for an eyeshadow base and because they are a chubby pencil they will be great as a thick eyeliner for a shimmery smokey look. It comes with 5 smolder eye sticks and a black eyeliner (along with a sharpener for the chubby sticks.) I have swatched the colors below. I numbered them and then wrote the colors below the picture with a description.
 
 
 
 
All of the colors 1-5 are shimmery (as you can see in the pictures) The last thin line in the picture (not numbered) is the black eyeliner that comes in the set.
 
1. Ash Violet- grey purple with a hint of black
2. Rainforest Black- greenish black
3. Champagne- shimmery ivory
4.Gunmetal- smokey grey brown
5. Gold- bronzed golden brown
 
Onyx Black Eyeliner- true black with no shimmer.
 
 
I love this set more than I ever thought I would. I am able to achieve that messy smokey smudged look that Kristen Stewart has been rocking so well. These are great for eyeshadow bases, eyeshadows, and eyeliners. I love it. I also love the black eyeliner. This stuff is awesome. Normally I wear either MAC Powerpoint in Engraved or MAC Fulidline in Blacktrack. I like liner that is waterproof and that you can work with, move around, smudge up if you want but then it sets and dries down to become waterproof. This liner does just that. It is also sooo black which I love. It is so pigmented and stays so well. I have used it everyday since I bought this set last week.
 
The set was $39.00 and has a value of over $144.00. It was money well spent. I have had a lot of fun mixing these and using these for their multiple functions. One Sephora employee told me they have sold out of this set multiple times so if you're interested in getting some I would act fast!
 
Thanks for hopping on here and checking out the review. I hope you enjoy!
 
 
Check me out on Facebook at:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Amelia-Evans-Makeup-Artist/217603118271715?ref=hl

AND on Instagram at:

http://instagram.com/aevansmakeupartist/

 
 
 
Have a beautiful day and a Happy Thanksgiving!
 
-A






Leave a Reply