~~~~~

~~~~~
Powered by Blogger.

And They're Off.....


posted by Unknown

2 comments

Next week will mark the "greatest 2 minutes in sports" and for my hometown its the greatest 2 weeks in the city.

The Kentucky Derby

This is where one of the largest fireworks shows in the world kicks off the two week festival to celebrate the greatest race on earth. 

Growing up for most of my life here in Louisville I never understood why all the grander surrounding The Kentucky Derby. But I guess I was on the inside looking out and not the other way around. As I got older I learned to appreciate and respect The Kentucky Derby and what it meant to the history of my hometown. I also fell in loved with the style that surrounded The Derby. For one day out of the year here in Louisville anyone and everyone can and SHOULD wear a great hat, a pretty dress, or a pastel suit. 


The Kentucky Derby is everywhere right now. I am always in awe of how much appreciation it gets from around the world and from some of my favorite designers which I have showcased below. Enjoy!



How adorable is this dress and hat? I just love everything about it! It's fresh, bright, and sophisticated. 
The dress is form the talented Anne M. Cramer and the hat is from Marley Lilly
For more details on this outfit go check out the amazing Ashley Brooke at Ashley Brooke Designs

(photo by Gregory Daniel. photo from ashley brooke designs blog. visit them for all the info)




I absolutely LOVE Mary Beth Designs. Everything she creates is just so beautiful, whimsical, girly, and southern all wrapped up into one. She has so many awesome things to choose from. First you choose the item you want to buy, whether it be a platter or a pillow case, then you choose your design and monogram...Because monograms make everything better! Here is her beautiful Derby design. I can't get enough, it's so pretty!


(all photos are from Mary Beth Goodwin Designs on her Pinterest. 
Please contact Mary Beth for more information or to order.)

Now Let talk Derby Makeup!

Let the dress and hat speak for itself. Don't over do it with the makeup. The Derby tend to be a long day and it warm. Don't let your makeup have to hold on for dear life. Keep it light and simple with the skin and the eyes and be sure to wear sunscreen. Play the lips up. If there is ever a place to get away with bright lips it's in the south and Derby is the perfect time. Wear a great Red, Orange, or Pink. Get a long wearing lip color so you don't have o worry about it smudging or wearing off. I love MAC's Prolongwear lip color and Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics LipTars 

Keiko Lynn pretty much sums up the looks that would be great for Derby. I love her blog and her style. I'm sure you've run across her all over Pinterest and whatnot. She is pretty adorable!




So if you are going to The Derby, a Derby party, or just want to dress up like you are then I hope you find this post inspirational. And don't just use The Derby as a reason to get all dolled up in dress and a hat, in my book, it's welcomed any day of the year!


Check out my other sites
Click, Follow,Share,Subscribe!
All those fun things!



Have a Beautiful Day!
-A







2 comments

Leave a Reply